Briar's Reviews's Reviews > Dreams and Other Lastings

Dreams and Other Lastings by R.J. Sobel

32054036
Dreams and Other Lastings was a beautiful set of poems that left me breathless and feeling warm (despite it being the "winter" Season).

I truly loved these poems - I always love a good set of poetry, but I could really relate to these stories. This isn't a long book, and isn't filled to the brim with poems, but the content within them makes this small set of poems worth every single word.

Reflection, aging, and memory are just three of the many topics discussed within these poems. I found myself reflecting on my own life and finding ways to see how these poems mirror situations I've had. For example, wanting to write someone and letter and reflecting on life, the good and the bad. It was so beautifully written, it almost pains me to think this was the last of the four books (of course, I could find the first three in the series to fill that void to fix that problem).

I 100% recommend Dreams and Other Lastings to anyone who wants a quick read, something to relate to, or just some good, old-fashioned poetry to warm their nights.

Five out of five stars.

I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreams and Other Lastings.

November 15, 2017 – Started Reading