Ariel's Reviews > Sense and Sensibility

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

I DID IT. WOOOOOOOOOO! ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Not going to lie, the middle was rough.. quite tedious and slow, BUT, the character development in this book was just fabulous; Austen truly understands the human condition.

Next? PRIDE AND PREJUDICE!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sense and Sensibility.

October 3, 2011 – Shelved
July 16, 2012 – Started Reading
July 16, 2012 –
page 18
4.9% "LET THE AUSTEN ADVENTURES CONTINUE!"
September 3, 2012 –
page 131
35.69% "LET US DO THIS WOO! So excited to continue this.\n Storywise.. I HATE LUCY STEEL OHMYGOD."
September 20, 2012 –
page 143
38.96% "AUSTEN ADVENTURESSSS! I feel so bad for Eleanor <3 and I HATE Lucy Steele!"
September 25, 2012 –
page 167
45.5% "I think that I have a big problem with this book:.. I KNOW THE PLOT TOO WELL. This is one of my favourite stories, and therefore, I've watched BBC versions of it over 50 times. Thus, there seems to be nothing new, the plot is going slowly it feels.\n I'm trying to combat this feeling, but it's hard!"
October 11, 2012 –
page 187
50.95% "I can do this I can do this I can do this I can do this"
October 12, 2012 –
page 212
57.77% "What Willoughby did is just unforgivable. Starting to get into this again!"
November 8, 2012 –
page 222
60.49% "THIS IS IT. THIS IS IT. I'M READING THIS. I'M NOT READING ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL I FINISH IT. AHHH."
November 10, 2012 –
page 260
70.84% "Oh, Edward, you foolish man! Why would you have ever fallen for Lucy Steele?! Now look at you: ruined in all aspects of life!"
November 11, 2012 –
page 295
80.38% "We're in the homestretch! Everything is so disastrous, all relationships and plans have completely fallen apart.. Things can only start to improve!"
page 347
94.55% "HE'S AVAILABLE, ELINOR, GO GO GO WOMAN!"
page 347
page 360
98.09% "LAST CHAPTER! LAST CHAPTER! YES! YES! OHMYGOD YES!"
November 12, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Malinka Reads Great, you have read more than half! I hope you like it!

Ariel Christina: Yes! I actually started this a couple of months ago but got distracted and stopped reading it.. I have seen the movie version for this a TRILLION times, so I know that I love the story, but so far the novel has been quite slow.

Samantha McNulty Totally agree with Lucy! Ugh.

Malinka Reads I am also almost done!

Ariel Christina: YAY! My review should be up for it on the weekend.. I'm excited to hear what you have to say about it in the comments! :)