Tabi Slick's Reviews > Lord, Teach Me To Study The Bible In 28 Days

Lord, Teach Me To Study The Bible In 28 Days by Kay Arthur

If you’re looking for a study that will help you approach the Bible in a different way, then Lord, Teach Me to Study the Bible in 28 Days by Kay Arthur will be right up your alley.

The Critique:
Arthur breaks down the book of Jonah in the first three weeks of the book and you really do learn quite a lot, while the final week is spent studying Jude. The first week definitely grabbed my attention, although I don’t do all of the highlighting and coloring as I’m not really that kind of person, I got a lot out of it just by underlining keywords and marking the “5 W’s and an H” (who, what, when, where, why, and how).
What would’ve made this book better would be if it had more room to write down all of your notes within the book making it more like a workbook. I didn’t like having to have a separate notebook to write everything down as I like having everything all together. I also felt like the pacing of this book was a little rushed, some daily chapters were quite lengthy and involved. The book seemed to end very nicely in Jonah and so she could’ve spread Jonah out just a little bit longer without adding Jude. Even though the book of Jude is short and very insightful, ending a workbook in the same chapter you started in seems more complete and less like adding just to get a page count.
Overall, this was a pretty good Bible study and would recommend for those wanting to get a deeper understanding of the Bible.

Nonfiction Star Rating Report Card:

4 Stars out of 5
1) How would you rate the writing?
★★★★ - 4 stars
2) Does the intro grab your attention?
★★★★★ - 5 stars
3) Does the book move at a good pace?
★★★ - 3 stars
4) Did you enjoy the book overall?
★★★★ - 4 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord, Teach Me To Study The Bible In 28 Days.

October 25, 2017 – Started Reading