Jessica's Reviews > The Predicteds

The Predicteds by Christine Seifert

Oct 03, 2011

Read on October 03, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I'm going to be honest.I bought this book because I liked the cover. After reading the summary, I felt pretty pleased with myself, because it actually sounded like it was something that I could get into.

It turns out that figuring out who's going to win major sporting events isn't the only talent I have, apparently, I have a knack for picking good books, as well.

The Predicteds is, by far, the most realistic book I've read in a while. It doesn't hold any complicated explanations, or trying moments where you want to beat your head against the wall in irritation..

It's about a girl named Daphne. She's a girl who happens to have bad things happen to her in her first week of school. Nose bleeds, throwing up in people's purses...first weeks of school really aren't her thing.

Her first day at Quiet High isn't any different. First she nearly chokes on some gun, then a student decides that bringing a gun to school and threatening students is a way to go. One good thing came about it, though. Jesse, a boy who, in the span one class period manages to save her life. Twice.

Things seem to go well for her. She makes friends with a the 'cool' kids, She's apparently caught Jesse's eye, and over all, things seem to be going well.

That is, until PROFILE starts causing problems. PROFILE, a computer program that is capable of predicting what the students at Quiet High are capable of. Her life is turned upside down when, after one of the students at QH are attacked and Jesse informs her that he is predicted.

The book itself feels like everything in it could be real. Like what I was reading would actually happen. It's exactly how people would react, and it's exactly what some people would do.

This is definately a book I would reccomend to people. Seriously. Go read this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Predicteds.