Sherida Stewart's Reviews > Welcome to Wishing Bridge

Welcome to Wishing Bridge by Ruth Logan Herne

A comforting small-town story of second chances and trusting friendships....both old and new.

As Christmas approaches with a blinding blizzard, Kelsey McCleary’s arrival in the small town of Wishing Bridge, New York, is dramatic. Stranded in a tiny community with a new baby and limited funds, she is embraced by the warmth of the village and by the support of two dear friends who come to help after receiving her urgent S.O.S. call.

Police officer and rescuer Hale Jackson is a local guy who returned to his hometown after disappointments in his pro football career and in his personal life.

These two become involved amid the winter weather trials and the unraveling of a mystery. Why is the name of Wishing Bridge familiar to Kelsey? What will she find in this little community tucked into rural New York?

This new book by Ruth Logan Herne is a wonderful woman’s fiction story about the strength forged through difficult circumstances with the support of friends...both new and old. There is romance, along with the author’s signature style....small-town warmth, endearing characters, and perfect portrayals of children. Sweet baby Hayley is so huggable! Touches of faith and compassion are sprinkled throughout the pages, making Welcome to Wishing Bridge an engaging story of starting over and sparkling new beginnings.

I enjoy the endearing stories set in small town America with the values of helping others and of working hard to make the world better. I’m glad to know there will be more to come from this charming town....where wishes come true and prayers are answered.

Favorite quotes:
“Around here a lot of us like to write down our hopes and wishes. It makes them more real to see them in black and white.”
“Can’t change the wind, but the good Lord blessed us with the gumption to change up our sails. If we’re willin’ to put in the effort.”

*I was given a copy of this book with no requirement to write a review. I’m honored to offer my honest thoughts.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome to Wishing Bridge.

Started Reading