Chaima ✨ شيماء 's Reviews > Children of Blood and Bone

Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi

it was ok
bookshelves: read-in-2018, young-adult, own-voices, fantasy, fiction, poc-rep, 2018-releases

I didn't really like this book but no matter, it has served its purpose which was introducing me to Amari so thanks for that I guess.

It wasn't a terrible book, I am just a horrible hollow kind of indifferent towards it. My heart was itching for an experience that I just didn't get.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Children of Blood and Bone.

November 13, 2017 – Shelved
March 19, 2018 – Started Reading
March 29, 2018 –
90.0% "“zélie and amari should date,” i say into the mic.

nobody boos. everyone claps. tomi adeyemi comes up to shake my hand and congratulate me personally. inan cheers me on. tzain is popping bottles of champagne. i am right."
April 5, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)

message 1: by Bojana (new) - added it

Bojana i feel ya

Ella M READ IT SOON OH MY GOSH

Chaima ✨ شيماء Bojana wrote: "i feel ya"

SDJFKSJ IM SO FUCKING READY

Chaima ✨ شيماء Ella M wrote: "READ IT SOON OH MY GOSH"

I AM I AM

Katie.dorny i've got it on my tbr list as well - everyone is so obsessed and i feel like i'm missing out!

Amanda Van Parys I got my hold in at the library the day it was released so I wasn't like #1000 on the hold list, should be any day now!

Sonia I'm only 25% in but it's so gooood so far

Chaima ✨ شيماء Katie.dorny wrote: "i've got it on my tbr list as well - everyone is so obsessed and i feel like i'm missing out!"

I’m nearly halfway through and the story is so addictive!! I can’t keep from reading!!

Chaima ✨ شيماء Amanda wrote: "I got my hold in at the library the day it was released so I wasn't like #1000 on the hold list, should be any day now!"

yeah it's really hyped I imagine the hold list is hella crowded dkghkdf

Chaima ✨ شيماء Sonia wrote: "I'm only 25% in but it's so gooood so far"

oh I’m glad u enjoyed it!!!

Trisha  (The Tea Reader) I saw this book at the store not long after it came out, sadly I was unable to but it at the time, my bank account wouldn't allow it, I'm hoping to get it soon because it sounds so interesting.

message 12: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat omg this book. my heart can't keep up. btw yes yes yes they should date.

Chaima ✨ شيماء Trisha (The Tea Reader) wrote: "I saw this book at the store not long after it came out, sadly I was unable to but it at the time, my bank account wouldn't allow it, I'm hoping to get it soon because it sounds so interesting."

i hope u love it better than i did!!

message 14: by Chaima ✨ شيماء (last edited Apr 04, 2018 09:20PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Chaima ✨ شيماء Kat wrote: "omg this book. my heart can't keep up. btw yes yes yes they should date."

honestly if zél & amari were a thing, this would have easily been a four stars, it's the romance that ruined it for me personally :/

message 15: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat softlykaz wrote: "Kat wrote: "omg this book. my heart can't keep up. btw yes yes yes they should date."

yeah. i'm about halfway through and have stopped for a bit. it's coming across as a little too chaotic for me. like over here we have THIS happening but oh wait there is THIS happening too but DON'T FORGET ABOUT THIS... i'll def read the next book in the series but only because i'm waiting for zél and amari to get together. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chaima ✨ شيماء Kat wrote: "softlykaz wrote: "Kat wrote: "omg this book. my heart can't keep up. btw yes yes yes they should date."

exactly how I felt tbh!! I really wanted to like it but oh well :/

Nenia ⭐ Literary Garbage Can ⭐ Campbell I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who wasn't blown away with this. Your review makes me feel better about my opinion haha :')

Swati So good to see someone else giving 2 stars for this book!!

message 19: by Hiba (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hiba Oh yess Amari was the most amazing thing about this book.

message 20: by Zoë (new) - rated it 2 stars

Zoë Ana SAME

Maria Writes Yes! Amari was my absolute favourite part of the Book

Natalia The only thing that literallyed anyonned me though being honest, is the fact, that this book screamed elements from the hunger games lol.
Other than that I actually was amused.

Natalia Zellie felt like katniss for the most part or trish diveregent is literally what i saw.

Maria Norso I've written this before but I found it predictable.. Sorry but that's honest. It was well written. Too polished though..

Donna (the book hoarder) I'm liking it so far, though Zelie is getting on my nerves making dumb decisions that only workout thanks to dumb luck. I'm kind of indifferent towards Amari so far though, hope that changes!

Grace How did you not get an experience? This entire book was a roller coaster full of drama, tears, love and hearbreak. It was the most experience I've ever gotten out of a book.

Rachel Didn't care for this book either, unfortunately.

Sofie Novak Amari was hands down the best character in the series. The only one with a level head and an unwavering goal.

Leslie Hitchcock I couldn’t emotionally connect with any of them. Also found the duel romance eye-rolling. I don’t think I will continue the series. I read a few months ago and already forgot what happened

Leighellen Actually super thankful to see your low review on this. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me that it wasn't 5 stars?!!? The romance I could have either done without or just let them get it on and get over it already. And Amari's character way out shadowed Zelie so I hope the 2nd book is more about her. Cuz she seems like a total BA!

Nicole Sulak I don’t know if it is because I haven’t read the hunger games in YEARS but I didn’t get a hunger games vibe. I guess you could say that boat scene where they had to fight the other maji people could be “hunger gameish” but I didn’t feel like this book was a rip off from any other series. I thought the relationship was a tad bit fast for me but the writing, suspense, character development, and plot were more than enough to make up for that.

message 32: by Yuliya (new)

Yuliya Oh no! So it's not the new harry potter? 😭

Morgan honestly like... amari and zélie were clearly meant to be in lesbians and we were denied that beautiful relationship