Shannon's Reviews > Slide

Oct 02, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012, confusing-as-hell, super-disappointing
Read from June 21 to 22, 2012

I wanted to like this book. I really did. At first, I was super into it. I liked how the main character Vee was able to 'slide' into others minds after touching important items of theirs. I especially was into how she ended up sliding into a killer's mind because god knows I'll read any book where a murder takes place. I was confused the whole book through, but in a good way. There were so many clues being flung about and I didn't know how they fit into the big picture or if they were even relevant to what was going on. I felt like the author did a good job keeping the identity of the killer a secret. I didn't guess who they were until the very end when it was so obvious. I love any books where there is a killer on the loose because it's so much fun to try to guess who did it and why. I pretty much suspected everyone in the book except for like two people. At one point, I think I even was thinking that perhaps maybe Vee's dad could have done it, but that's me just being super paranoid.

Things went sour for me once the killer was revealed. I spent the whole book getting pumped up and excited to finally figure out what was going on and I honestly thought the conclusion was a bit anti-climatic. The explanation for why the person did what they did was a let down and it read like a Q&A session. It was like, "Why did you kill so-and-so?', then the person would have a clear response and it went back and forth like that. The reveal wasn't unraveled at a good pace and it felt more like an info-dump of the person spouting out their evil plan. The reason for Sophie's murder was one of the worst things I've ever read. It was ridiculous and I wanted to smack myself in the face in annoyance at how much sense it didn't make.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slide.

06/22/2012 page 202