Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦'s Reviews > The Bed Mate

The Bed Mate by Kendall Ryan

bookshelves: arc, friends-to-lovers, high-expectations

“Maybe I had to settle for the fact that, no matter how hard I looked, I would never find anyone that fit with me the way Maggie did. She was just…my person. The puzzle piece that clicked with mine.”

I’m a big fan of Kendall Ryan’s Roommates series, but I usually don’t read a lot of novella’s because I don’t seem to have much luck with them and I tend to find them lacking in story and character development, they feel a bit rushed. I finish them feeling a bit meh! But I’m happy to report The Bed Mate hit the mark for me with this cute, friends to lovers story.

Sam and Maggie have been best friends since college and they have been through a lot and mean more to each other than anyone else in entire world. They have always kept their relationship purely platonic and it poses the age old questions; “would you risk your friendship for the chance of something more?”

When Maggie and her long term boyfriend call it quits, Sam invites her on his boys skiing vacation and this was the turning point of their friends only relationship. They start seeing each other in a new light, forcing their relationship to start changing and develop into more.

I am a massive sucker for the friends to lovers trope and even though this was a short and sweet novella it sure packed a punch. It was jammed packed full of intense chemistry, attraction, longing and desire. Sometimes everything you are searching for is right under your nose the whole time, but you just didn’t know it.

OMG… this story was so sweet with just the right amount of angst that I love. If you are looking for a short and sexy story to read on a lazy Sunday afternoon or you just adore your friends to lovers trope then I definitely recommend one clicking this one.

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bed Mate.

November 12, 2017 – Started Reading
November 13, 2017 – Shelved
November 13, 2017 – Shelved as: arc
November 13, 2017 – Shelved as: friends-to-lovers
November 13, 2017 – Shelved as: high-expectations
November 13, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla Fab review, darlin’! xx

message 2: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Super review, hon x

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog•• Fantastic review, babe!! xx

message 4: by Judith (new)

Judith Fab review,darling,x

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Karla wrote: "Fab review, darlin’! xx"

Thanks so much love :) xx

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Nicola wrote: "Super review, hon x"

Thanks lovely :) xx

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Jenny wrote: "Fantastic review, babe!! xx"

Thanks so much lovely :) xx

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Judith wrote: "Fab review,darling,x"

Thanks babe :) xx

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰ Fantastic review, Megan!

message 10: by Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ (last edited Dec 16, 2017 04:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Alex ★ Comets and Comments ★ wrote: "Fantastic review, Megan!"

Thanks so much Alex :) xx

message 11: by Alp (new)

Alp Fab review, hon. xx

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Alp wrote: "Fab review, hon. xx"

Thanks lovely :) xx