Karen's Reviews > The Immundus

The Immundus by Christina Enquist

F 50x66

The Immundus, by Christina Enquist, is an intriguing new take on the post-apocalyptic teen genre.

The apocalypse here is based not just on us ignoring a changing climate, but also over producing animals for meat and unrealized problems of genetically splicing and changing our vegetation. It makes you think, what are we changing that we don’t currently understand the long term consequences of.

The story follows a young woman, Nia Luna, as she moves from school to her apprenticeship where she is working to cure a horrible disease that kills mostly those under 11, and is occurring because we changed some genes to cure other diseases in the past. Then Nia makes a discovery that will change not just her life, but her entire view of history.

While I have some issues and questions about the post-apocalyptic setting that is created, they are more of interest because I want to understand this world better and don’t hold the story back at all.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Immundus and am looking forward to the next book.

Readers of books like Divergent, The Maze Runner and even Ender's Game should enjoy The Immundus.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Immundus.

Finished Reading