Steve Sarner's Reviews > What Unites Us: Reflections on Patriotism

What Unites Us by Dan Rather

bookshelves: 5-star, history, memoires, reread-for-sure
Read 2 times

And if you were born after, say 1985ish, I definitely recommend you read Rather’s stories. It illustrates that this country has been through a lot of rough times in the distant and recent past and has managed to press on.

Rather was on the front lines of some very turbulent history. His perspective provides reason and hope that we will get through this period too.

Steady.

(Thank you to Algonquin Books for the (signed!!!) copy of this wonderful book)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Unites Us.

Finished Reading
October 20, 2017 – Started Reading (Hardcover Edition)
October 20, 2017 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
November 12, 2017 – Shelved
November 12, 2017 – Shelved as: 5-star
November 12, 2017 – Shelved as: history
November 12, 2017 – Shelved as: memoires
November 12, 2017 – Shelved as: reread-for-sure
December 15, 2017 – Finished Reading (Hardcover Edition)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Cheri Loved your opening comment - "There are approximately 245 million adults in the United States. I wish all of them would read this book."... I join you in that wish. Great review, Steve.

message 2: by Steve (new) - added it

Steve Sarner Cheri wrote: "Loved your opening comment - "There are approximately 245 million adults in the United States. I wish all of them would read this book."... I join you in that wish. Great review, Steve."
Thank you Cheri. Having a better read and educated population is the best thing for our nation and world. :)

Catherine Longbotham I thought the same thing! If only everyone would read this book, such wisdom and common sense.