Jennifer G's Reviews > Tainted Rose

Tainted Rose by Yumoyori Wilson

bookshelves: reverse-harem
Read 2 times. Last read November 13, 2017.

Tainted Rose is the return of my favorite sleep-walking, milk-chugging, inner/outer dialogue sharing Princess! Mako and her Star Knights survived the Owner's attack using Midnight's brilliant battle strategy, however, Elias/Eli are still suffering from poison effects and Mako is in a coma. There is no sign of her spirits and her Knights and their spirits are lost without their firefly. Fear and guilt are their constant emotions as they pray for her to wake up. Mako does find her way back, once again bringing them joy, but each of her Knights seems to be facing their own demons. She isn't the only one to have suffered during childhood. Mako is their best hope for facing down their pasts and finding happiness.

Mako is a breath of fresh air. She is a most original character. She's loving, brave, intense, grateful,
spunky, defiant, generous, innocent, joyful. The small child that was once described as a ninja princess has grown into a fierce young woman. A character that can boast "Ordinary is boring. I'm unique and one of a kind" and still be adorable is special indeed. She touched me one moment and amused me the next. Her spirits and Midnight are each true characters themselves. Rose's confidence, Lexi's naughtiness, Hope's purity, Lily's kindness, and Midnight's protectiveness. I love when they all chime in. I also adore Nightmare. Mako's Knights are everything good men should be. They are adoring, faithful, brave, smart. They are amusing and oh so, sexy, Eli included. Several are suffering for various reasons and Mako and the other Knights are supportive and loving. This seems to be working in each case except for Daniel. The guys are healing. His past is starting to create more tension with Midnight and even interfere with his bond with Mako. He was frustrating in this book. Kai was a welcome addition. I loved him immediately.

This book had some of everything. There were sweet dates, sexual tension and sexy times. There were 'Heck yes, You Go Girl!' moments and 'Choke on what you're drinking with laughter' moments and 'Toe-curling, lust-inducing Mine' moments. We got so much of the guy's history. We have a much better understanding of them personally now. We got plenty of time between Mako and each Knight and her spirits with their spirits. New information surfaced vaguely that deepens the danger of coming darkness and Mako's role fighting for the good. There are suspense and intrigue. Honestly, I was so deeply entertained while reading I didn't want to stop for dinner. It's a stay up all night reading kind of story.

I could have easily given this a 5 star. I went back and forth more than once trying to make up my mind. This is what I want out of my Reverse Harem. A group of incredible, gorgeous men all completely devoted to their girl. One beautiful, feisty female in love and grateful for her guys. Relationships moving forward with only a touch of drama. My hesitation came from the repetition during the first of the book. So much sleeping. Then there's the absence of any of Mako's family. If other Royals can have contact and she's not hidden, I do not understand what could possibly keep her parents (mother) away. Once again the ending is pure torture. Darkness is coming, for some, it's already arrived. Everything is hanging in the balance for Mako and her Knights once more. I am dying here. Stars, I want more now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tainted Rose.

November 12, 2017 – Started Reading