Doreen's Reviews > A Matter of Loyalty

A Matter of Loyalty by Anselm Audley

This is the first book I’ve read by these authors. It was apparent that there was a lot of back story in the prior books. So I’d recommend checking out earlier books as it would make the story fuller and richer. However, I was able to figure out connections after a short time.

I enjoyed how the castle came to be used in so many different ways. I learned what a priest hole is and wanted to explore the castle. I understood why Georgia didn’t want to leave.

The descriptions of the characters are vivid and accurate. “Bruno bore grudges until they died of old age, and then had them embalmed” (location 1611). Jarrett’s disregard for others and his high opinion of himself was incredible. Gus is incredibly gracious and hospitable. He and Freya are the ones I’d most want to hang out with.

I enjoyed the twists and turns as the mystery unfolded. Everyone had a hand in solving it. I enjoyed it. Thank you to Thomas & Mercer for providing me with a free e-copy of this book. I was not required to leave a positive review. All opinions are my own.

A Very English Mystery series:

Book 1: A Man of Some Repute

Book 2: A Question of Inheritance

Book 3: A Matter of Loyalty

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Matter of Loyalty.

Started Reading