Kristen's Reviews > Just as Long as We're Together

Just as Long as We're Together by Judy Blume

Oct 02, 2011

Judy Blume mainly writes books about young adult issues. This book deals with divorce, adoption, parent pregnancy, and loss of friendship. Many young girls will relate to what Stephanie and her friends are going through in “Just as Long as We’re Together”. I remember my friends going through many of these issues during middle school. This is a good realistic story for young adults.
I liked this book. In some parts the girls were a little too emotional, but thirteen- year old girls would connect to it more than me. I usually read modern fantasy books so this was a nice change of pace. It was a quick read that was both humorous and sad. I enjoyed reading when the friends were fighting because it reminded me of how my friends fight.
In comparison to most Judy Blume books, many adults complain about the mature issues that are address in this novel. Blume talks about relationships, the menstrual cycle, and pregnancy in a truthful way. Young adults need to know this information. They want to read stories about children who are going through the same experiences and feelings as them. This is especially important if children do not have adults that they trust to talk about these issues. Blume always paints a realistic picture of middle school life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just as Long as We're Together.