Kelly (and the Book Boar)'s Reviews > Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris

bookshelves: audio, dysfunction-junction, favorites, funny-haha, liburrrrrry-book, like-this-or-we-cant-be-friends, loveable-losers, non-fiction, memoir, read-in-2017
Read 2 times. Last read November 11, 2017 to November 16, 2017.

Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

I think by this point it’s pretty much common knowledge that I love David Sedaris like a fat kid I love cake and, well . . . . .

Dress Your Family In Corduroy and Denim might be my favorite collection yet. I could seriously kick myself for not only not trying audiobooks before this Fall, but also for not thinking of collections like these as something that would fit into my short commute time perfectly. We’re talking true . . . .

Even while in a stupid ass Fiat rather than a Volkswagen since mine decided to die like a whore on the corner a few months back. And when work got like WAAAAAAY too worky the other day and I was afraid I was going to full out pull a Milton . . . .

Or a Leslie Knope . . . .

I opted to schedule a mental health vacay day instead and went home to immerse myself in my favorite type of therapy this time of year – decorating Christmas trees (with an added bonus of listening to the soothing sounds of David’s dysfunction this go ‘round). Dress Your Family was a great blend of stories of the Sedaris children and parents (words cannot express how much I adore Sharon, their mother), the Sedaris children as adults, David and Hugh and everything in between. Thanks to the combo of some sort of sinus condition/basement dust I lugged upstairs along with the decorations, I laughed until I was overtaken by an emphysema-ish coughing fit/wheeze that may or may not have concluded with me urinating a bit on myself - and if THAT isn’t an endorsement, I don’t know what is.

I’ve put a hold on every other available Sedaris audio in order to get myself through the end of the year without (hopefully) causing bodily harm to anyone at work. Now I just have to deal with a cat who is terrified of Santa’s impending visit after hearing the story of “6 to 8 Black Men”. . . . .

No it isn’t. Read the story. Anyway, I keep telling him we don’t live in Amsterdam so he doesn’t have anything to worry about, but I think it’s pretty obvious by the look on his face that he doesn’t believe me . . . .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim.

November 11, 2017 – Started Reading
November 16, 2017 – Shelved as: non-fiction
November 16, 2017 – Shelved as: memoir
November 16, 2017 – Shelved as: read-in-2017
November 16, 2017 – Finished Reading
Started Reading (Audiobook Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved (Audiobook Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: audio (Audiobook Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: funny-haha (Audiobook Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites (Audiobook Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: like-this-or-we-... (Audiobook Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: memoir (Audiobook Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: liburrrrrry-book (Audiobook Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Shelved as: read-in-2018 (Audiobook Edition)
September 12, 2018 – Finished Reading (Audiobook Edition)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Your cat's face just made my day! What a cutie.

Kelly (and the Book Boar) He's a psycho killer in disguise!

message 3: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie But such a cute psycho killer.

Kelly (and the Book Boar) He is cute. He also takes being sexually assaulted by the dog on a daily basis like a champ. Poor guy.

Erica You: I’ve put a hold on every other available Sedaris audio

Me: GOOD! Soon, every time you see the words "Little Elf," you will hear him call out, "Little Elf! Oh, Little Elf!"
Though you may have already heard that via NPR because they play the Santaland Diaries every year.

But, yes. Always listen to Sedaris.
Also always listen to Neil Gaiman. And Tina Fey. They are really good at reading their own material.

Melissa I WORSHIP him too.