Amanda (A Brighter Shade of Hope)'s Reviews > Assassin Marked

Assassin Marked by Michael C. Sahd

As for the assassin, they couldn't find him. I smiled as he slipped down the dark hall into the kitchen and down the garbage chute. The curtains closed, but the tragedy continued.

Synopsis Damian, a professional assassin working for the syndicate, sets out on vengeful mission against a former teammate who had betrayed him years ago. Determined to stop him, the Heads of the Syndicate send Damian's lover, Victoria, after him on a search-and-kill operation. A story of Damian - seeking revenge above all else, and Victoria - conflicted between her love for him and her duty to the Syndicate.

Overall Impression A concise 23-paged read that left me wishing there was more. Loved it!

Themes and Writing Set in outer space, Assassin Marked gave me a rather Star Wars sort of vibe, in a very pleasant way. The writing really had me engaged, although some of the action scenes felt a little abrupt, and could have flowed better to provide more clarity for the reader during those scenes. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the scene of Damian's revenge.

Characters have a great deal of potential. Sahd was able to, in a very short range of pages, garner my interest in the characters and sympathy for the main duo's strained relationship. Damian appears to be a rather witty and capable character, and I really wished for deeper character development and more insight into his individual backstory.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves science fiction, gunships and assassins or is up for a simple but gripping read set in the solar system. I'm not sure if there are any plans for continuation of the story, but I would definitely love to read more of Damian, Victoria and the ruthless Syndicate in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Assassin Marked.

Started Reading