Melodramaticfool's Reviews > The Night Circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Oct 02, 2011

bookshelves: all-time-favorites, passionate-romances, awesome-adventure, so-super-psyched, gorgeous-covers, no-love-triangle, bad-ass-heroines
Recommended to Melodramaticfool by: Dominique Schwartz

Erin Morgenstern is a magic weaver. From the moment I saw the cover, to when I closed the book, I knew that I had my hands on something special and rare. The Night Circus is literary gold from the plot line, the descriptions, the characters, and the romance.

I have to say I have never felt compelled to see a circus, but after reading this I was like...

This novel is about two magicians who have lived...well, for a very long time. They are extremely competitive, and draw their magic from different sources. They decide on a challenge with their apprentices, but the stakes are higher than one knows...
Our main characters are Celia and Marco, Celia being the daughter of the one magician, and Marco the adopted son of the other. Celia seems to channel her magic from herself while Marco uses rune/markings, The point of view switches around a little to give readers the full extent of the Night Circus. We also see the Night Circus from the view of Bailey, the boy who finds much more than he bargained for within the circus, and those whom the circus as home.
The Night Circus is never boring for it is ever-changing, in fact, new magical rooms keep popping up within it like a room with a wishing tree that is filled with candles, or a room where everything is made up of ice.
This book is poetic, creative, and unique and the ending is quite amazing as well. Not what the reader expects at all.

Truly a mind blowing book, and promises a magical adventure, I would recommend it for anybody looking for magic and romance tangled together.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Circus.