Lyn* Nomad *Worlds await*'s Reviews > Wondrous Strange

Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston

bookshelves: ya-bks-i-ve-read, reading-challenge-2018

I’ve been seeing so many new YA books by Lesley Livingston with amazing covers and as a good bookworm, I’ve been dying to read them. Therefore, I kept adding them to my TBR List. (Typical bookworm reaction lol)

These new books also made me want to revisit her first trilogy Wondrous Strange which I read a long, long time ago. Back when I was younger and this book gave me stars in my eyes lol. The wonder of re-reading a book after ages is you feel like you’re reading it again for the first time, with new eyes.

Lesley Livingston’s style of writing is fun and witty, making the story interesting to read, with a delightful cast of characters. The story line itself was an intriguing one, with the faerie courts and the idea of the gates holding them back.

The suspense was pretty good too, although some of the revelations at the end lacked a certain smooth segue, which is the only reason my rating’s 4 stars instead of 5. But some of the scenes were deeply moving, especially Herne’s story.

As before, I still have a soft spot for Sonny Flannery who back then was one of my biggest crushes. If you haven’t read Wondrous Strange yet, you definitely should.

Posted on Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wondrous Strange.

November 10, 2017 – Shelved
January 19, 2018 – Started Reading
January 20, 2018 –
68.0% "God, it's been ages since I read this book! i'd forgotten how much fun it was."
January 20, 2018 – Finished Reading