Heather's Reviews > An American Family: A Memoir of Hope and Sacrifice

An American Family by Khizr Khan

I have never cried reading a book. Never. Until now.

Khizr Khan is an exceptional writer and his life story is simply incredible. It’s uplifting, powerful, humble, gracious and deserving of attention.

Khizr Khan is a wise man, a patriotic man, a man of faith. He has struggled and worked hard and changed the world in a significant way. His story deserves to be read, acknowledged, appreciated.

I want to thank him and his wife Ghazala. I want to shake their hands, give them big, huge squeezy hugs, and cry with them.

This story is so uplifting, it will make you feel like you can accomplish anything. You can be the better person even if that’s the harder choice to make. This family has chosen honor above all else, and I deeply respect them.

I absolutely 100% recommend this book. It is simply astounding in every way. I am so glad I read this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An American Family.

November 9, 2017 – Started Reading
November 9, 2017 – Shelved
November 10, 2017 –
page 112
November 11, 2017 –
page 196
November 11, 2017 –
page 229
79.51% "Never in my life has a book made me cry, until now... This mans story is incredible."
November 12, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Toni (new) - added it

Toni Chanakas Wow, I'm going to add it to my list.

Laura Simon I agree wholeheartedly with your review. Beautiful book!

Andrea Palmer This is exactly what I would write for a review! Khizr Khan really does want to make you be a better person.

Heather Andrea wrote: "This is exactly what I would write for a review! Khizr Khan really does want to make you be a better person."

Right?! I loved this book!

Kenneth A. Siviter Loved it , I also got choked up. Kahn is a great American

Joanne Seitzinger-Motley I totally agree with your review. I'd love to meet Mr. & Mrs. Khan and thank them.