Sherri Rabinowitz's Reviews > Hercule Poirot's Christmas

Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie

Read 2 times. Last read December 5, 2018 to December 9, 2018.

It's funny how despite the fact you have read a novel before, if you have seen an adaption on TV it overrides the memory of the written word. This is not the first time that my memory of the series has wiped out my memory of the book.

Though I loved the adaption with David Suchet, I love the novel more. It's richer, has more characters and they are all quite different then the people in the adaption. (I do recommend the TV adaption though it is exquisitely done and perfect for this time of year, despite the murder.)

The characters of David and Hilda were taken out of the show completely which is really sad because I really like them a lot. They are really interesting and there is a lot there that to adds to the tension and the plot.

Also I love that the romance that lights up again between Alfred and Lydia, so sweet.

I knew who the murderer was of course from my first read and the adaption but it was done in such a way that I questioned my memory till Poirot revealed it.

Superb novel, love Dame Agatha as always.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hercule Poirot's Christmas.

Finished Reading