Kayla's Reviews > Wicked Charm

Wicked Charm by Amber Hart

bookshelves: 2018-releases

Read my spoiler-free review on GracelingAccountant

I loved this book. it was like a murder mystery falling in love with the bad boy kind of story with a southern flair.

what brought it down a star was the writing, for me. I think I would have given this five stars in high school. The writing just wasn't that complex or lyrical but it was a good story for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Charm.

Quotes Kayla Liked

Amber Hart
“The brightest light casts the darkest shadow,” Gran says. I eye our property through the kitchen window. I happen to like the shadows, the seclusion of the trees, the whispers of the forest. Especially at night, when everything takes a less defined form, when the swamp comes to life. “I’m telling you, this world would be better off if they remembered that. ’Specially that neighbor of mine, never mindin’ his own business. Telling me I need to stop feeding the gators. I can feed the gators any damn time I want. It’s my land. I wish he’d just move on already, bless his heart.”

Amber Hart
“I’m not looking for him,” I reply. But I’m a lying liar.”

Amber Hart
“once asked Gran over the phone what I could do to lose ten pounds after I saw this quiz in a magazine that said I could look my best with a little weight shed. She said I’d have to quit eating biscuits. But that’s crazy talk. Who has ever heard of giving up biscuits? No, thanks.”

Amber Hart
“Beau waits like he expects an invite. But he’ll be waiting until he’s nothing but bones because I’m not the type of girl who ditches her friend for a guy, no matter how hot he is. Or the type who makes her friend feel like a third wheel.”

Amber Hart
“One more thing, though.” His breaths are shallow. “Tell Virginia that I love her. Always have. Always will.” He smiles. “And tell her to stop feeding those gators, already.” “Now, you know I can’t do that,” I reply. “I’d be at risk of her wrath, and I’m not inclined to have her tell me off for this love of yours.” That’s when Grandpa laughs for the very last time.”

Amber Hart
“Strange thing about love: it shatters all walls and encompasses all senses and steals the very breath from your lungs. It kisses you good night and greets you in the morning and spins your thoughts with one face. It cries when you cry and laughs when you do and stitches two souls together. I love him. This boy. I forget what it’s like to not love him, and I suppose that’s the point.”

November 8, 2017 – Shelved
November 8, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
February 19, 2018 – Started Reading
February 19, 2018 –
31.0% "yeah okay, this is pretty mediocre. I love the bayou vibes but wheres the smut? Also the writing is not that great tbh"
February 25, 2018 – Finished Reading