Laura's Reviews > Savage: The Awakening of Lizzie Danton

Savage by L.A. Fiore

***ARC Provided by the Author and The Next Step PR***

First, I am going to say that this is a dark romance. You should have caught that by the blurb, but in case you didn't, this is a dark romance...and, it holds to the idea that not all romance is flowers and rainbows...that sometimes the flowers in the romance also have thorns, and those flowers are great too...but they are different.

I love dark romance. The darker the better, if the hero is a killer, in the mafia, anything like that...bring it. So, the blurb had me dying to read this one even before the author had finished writing it. Now that I have finished, I wish I could start it over.

LA Fiore has a talent for writing the character who isn't the "perfect" hero. Twisted, a little damaged, with skeletons and ghosts in his past. But, the ride watching these men fall in love, well, there isn't a better ride out there.

I loved this book. I sent more than one PM to the author as I was reading (sorry about that, Ms. Fiore, LOL) and I was sad to see it end.

Brochan is sexy, and mysterious, and swoon worthy. And damaged. But, you still like him.

Lizzie is interesting, and you like her, and loyal and caring. And damaged.

It is that they are both just a little damaged that really makes them work. They relate to one another, Lizzie understands why he does the things he does, and more important than that, in Lizzie, Brochan is finally able to find someone who he believes sees him. Once he opens up to this possibility, there are all sorts of things going on in the world that he realizes he has never let himself see.

Telling what those things are would be a spoiler...and I would hate to do that.

At its core, this is a fairy tale with its share of beasts, and magic, and castles and damsels, and villains and most of all, a hero who doesn't know until the story gets close to ending that he is in a fairy tale and he is worthy of that happy ending.

I recommend this title.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Savage.

November 8, 2017 – Started Reading