BookChic Club's Reviews > Diabolical

Diabolical by Cynthia Leitich Smith

Oct 01, 2011

This series just keeps getting better and better! Each book is greater than the last and it started off with a pretty high bar to surpass. I loved seeing all my favorite characters again and especially all of them together, as they were separate in the first two books, then brought together in the third. Now, they have spent time communicating and getting to know each other so there's more of a friendship there.

Smith's prose is fast-paced and funny and I found it hard to put the book down (or, rather, X out of my Adobe Digital Editions which I use to read e-galleys, lol). I really enjoyed the multiple POV, which bounces between Zachary, Kieran and Miranda. Each had their own distinctive voice and it was fun getting to see their side. I also loved any interaction that involved Zachary's angel friend/co-worker (who may be gay? I'm not entirely sure) whose name I unfortunately cannot remember.

Overall, just a fabulous book with an action-filled plotline and an amazing climax with some sweet romance as well. I cannot wait for the next book in the series!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diabolical.

October 1, 2011 – Shelved