Miranda Reads's Reviews > Vampire Mountain

Vampire Mountain by Darren Shan

liked it
bookshelves: ya-series, audiobook

This is not going to include anything to do with the actual Cirque Du Freak

You have been warned. I know, I was pretty devastated too...

It's not a bad book. Darren has settled into vampire life somewhat well but upon summons by the Vampire Council, both he and Mr. Crepsley have to trek to Vampire Mountain to plead their case.

Throughout the book, we are given snitches and tidbits of what vampire society is like - harsh, cruel and noble. The author has no qualms about depicting gruesome details.

Characters die, often painfully and without a 'reason.' I keep expecting (as seen with other middle school books) for the character's death to further plot or provide character development. Here, the characters die because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Chillingly real.

I was a bit annoyed by the ending - we spend all this time building and nothing is played out. ALSO there's no Cirque du Freak. I picked up this series cause I adored all the cirque characters but we don't see any of them. Highly disappointing.

Audiobook Comments
Read by Ralph Lister - and he did a lovely job of it.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Mountain.

Started Reading
June 19, 2017 – Finished Reading
November 7, 2017 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Luvtoread (new)

Luvtoread Good honest review Miranda! I will definitely pass on this one! I always appreciate your reviews 😸

Miranda Reads Luvtoread wrote: "Good honest review Miranda! I will definitely pass on this one! I always appreciate your reviews 😸"

Ahhh, it wss a hard one to review, cause this series will always hold a special place in my heart....the series waxes and wanes