Kelly Hawkins Solomon's Reviews > Emancipation

Emancipation by Jo Michaels

Read 2 times. Last read November 10, 2017.

Oh holy hell! What a mindf**k! This is one dark and twisted read. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time trying to figure out what the angle is. I just couldn’t get it figured out. Then when it seems like I’ve got it figured out…BAM! PLOT TWIST! This is definitely a psychological suspenseful thriller. This is told from Tobias’s point of view. He is a vile human who is a serial killer. He is guilty as sin! He is currently on death row and just going through the motions of prison life. To pass the time he became part of the prison pen pal program. He is contacted by all types of crazy organizations and people. But one day he gets a letter from Jess. She is a gorgeous young lawyer and she thinks she can get all of his charges dropped. He then becomes very curious and works to reel her in. Charming and good looking with a smooth tongue….and he has her hooked. The whole time I found myself yelling at Jess like WTF are you doing?!?! Run away! Why are you still entertaining him? OMG! This is very graphic as this is being told from a serial killer’s point of view. Like, make my skin crawl graphic. It was a rush reading this. My heart didn’t stop pounding. Absolutely effing intense! There are no warm and fuzzies in this story. And the end….well, the end is flipping mind blowing. I was absolutely blown away. And when it was over I had to just sit and figure out what it is I just finished reading. If you need something out of your normal comfort zone, this is it. A definite must read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emancipation.

November 7, 2017 – Started Reading