Cristina's Reviews > Love You Like Christmas: Based on the Hallmark Channel Original Movie

Love You Like Christmas by Keri F. Sweet

*Potential spoilers!*
Thank you, NetGalley for the opportunity of reading Love you like Christmas. This book was the first Christmas romance I read this year!
The action of this book starts 23 days before Christmas and it’s full of unpredictable suprises. The main character, Maddie, is not the kind of woman who loves Christmas, but she ends up surrounded by mistletoe, garlands, decorations and Christmas songs. And everything is due to a December wedding or should I say Christmas Valley - a peaceful place, a small town where magic happens? Let’s find out.
The way Maddie and Kevin met, was so funny. Possibly because of the reindeer – or maybe it was just faith. Maddie’s car broke at the right moment and the right place. She gets lost and ends up in Christmas Valley, where the story really begins. This is the town where she meets Pam, Bob, Holly, Cory, Rowdy, Jo and Kevin. Who are they? If you want to find out, you should read the book!
I noticed that the author really wanted to send a message when she wrote about Maddie’s obsession with her phone. Technology messes up with our minds. We should stop staring at our phones and start paying attention to the real world people! We are losing touch with reality. And we should change that.
I always loved the idea of playing with flour in the kitchen. I've never done it, but I want to. Reading about it, made me think a lot about fun things... It also made me think about the fact that people don’t have so much fun as before. When I was little, I used to have a lot of fun... Now, people are too busy to enjoy life.
Moving on... again, a reindeer. Just when Maddie wanted to go back to New York. Coincidence? I think not. Especially, considering what her staying would mean. More specifically, saving the tree farm. This was something I loved in the book. How a trouble brought all the characters together, fighting to keep tradition and a brand running. Chapter 13 was really good. It taught me that a united community is often made up of friends and family.
I think Maddie and Jo had a strong connection because both of them had to grow up without a mother. Even though in the end Maddie becomes a mother for Jo, she could never replace Jo's birth mom. And yet, we have a new happy family and two December weddings! This is awesome.
The one thing I really didn’t like about the book – the third-person point of view used in writing. I love reading books written in the first person, because I can picture myself as the main character and I can feel more.
In conclusion, the book taught me or reminded me of what’s important in life and it made me even more eager for Christmas to come. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I can’t wait to sing some carols! But for now, I'm gonna watch the movie! After all, this book was based on a Hallmark Channel Original Movie.
P.S. That recipe from the end of the book is something I will definitely try!

Favorite quotes:
"His lovable voice was music through the line."
"Moving seemed to have unlocked his brain because he'd found his thoughts."
"Christmas shouldn’t be a time to go on autopilot."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love You Like Christmas.

November 7, 2017 – Started Reading