Under the Covers Book Blog's Reviews > Cowboy, It's Cold Outside

Cowboy, It's Cold Outside by Lori Wilde

liked it

It's become a yearly tradition to read a novel in the Twilight, Texas series around the holidays.  While the other two I read where sort of interconnected, I wasn't really sure where this one fit in with the people of the town.  I could either blame that on my faulty memory or the fact that I haven't read quite a few of the earlier books in the series.  But this story came as a nice surprise for me.

The heroine, Paige, is struggling to make ends meet after the last man she thought herself in love with betrayed not only her love but stole her identity and left her with a pretty heavy financial burden to carry.  Trusting doesn't come easy to her now and even country superstar Cash Colton will have a hard time getting through her defenses.  Even if she's dying for a taste of the hot piece of cowboy country singer.

This book gave me exactly what I was looking for in a holiday read.  It's sweet, small town goodness with a nice and steady romance that's just sexy enough.  I liked finding out more about Cash and seeing there was more to him than just the big celebrity status and a big head.  And I also liked how Paige brought a lot of that out in him and showed him his life could be different than it had been lately.

Overall, this wasn't a wow kind of story but it was a sweet one that put a smile on my face.  And it certainly had the right amount of holiday cheer without being overwhelmingly festive.  Perfect to get you in the mood for some hot cocoa and cuddling with a blanket.

*ARC provided by publisher
Reviewed by Francesca❤ ♡ Don't want to miss any of our posts? Subscribe to our blog by email! ♡ ❤
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowboy, It's Cold Outside.

Finished Reading
November 7, 2017 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Great review!!