Margie Senechal's Reviews > Here We Lie

Here We Lie by Paula Treick DeBoard

I have to admit this one snuck up on me.

Here We Lie is the story of the friendship between Lauren Mabrey, the daughter of a US senator who has never felt at home in her skin or perhaps, more accurately, the skin her mother wants her to live in and Megan Mezeros, a small-town Kansas girl who end up as roommates at an all-girl’s college.

Nobody expected them to become friends, let alone, best friends, but somehow their friendship works. Until it doesn’t.

Somewhere between their beginning and their middle, I fell in so deep that I lost track of time and responsibility—only reading. I loved the evolution of these characters as they came into their own together and separately. If you’re looking for an intriguing story of friendship, secrets, and revelations, this is a good one.

It amazes me when a writer can foretell the future (our present)---as this book is very timely to our current state of affairs—do you have a crystal ball, Ms. DeBoard?

I received an advance review copy of this book from Great Thought's Ninja Review Team. All opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here We Lie.

Finished Reading