Minerva Spencer's Reviews > The Marine's Secret Daughter

The Marine's Secret Daughter by Carrie Nichols

This book is perfect for those times when you are in need of some authentic, uplifting, and rewarding entertainment! Nichols does a great job painting a multi-dimensional picture of small town life. I personally find a romance that centers around ordinary people (rather than billionaires and super models) a refreshing change.

I really liked both Riley and Meg while alternately wanting to grab and shake them both from time to time when they did something stubborn or stupid. I've never read a secret baby novel before and found myself thinking about the decision to keep such a monumental secret from the father. I have to admit that colored my perceptions about Meg and I definitely thought Riley had quite a bit to be angry about.

Nichols handles their reconciliation in a way that is both deft and fulfilling. Lots of good humor make this a very fun read!

This is a wonderfully touching and down-to-earth debut and I think Nichols has some serious chops. I'd definitely read a second book by Ms. Nichols.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Marine's Secret Daughter.