Rosie's Reviews > Peter and the Starcatchers

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry

Oct 01, 2011

bookshelves: action, childrens, fantasy, funny, male-lead

I remember reading this book a few years back and thinking, "Peter Pan." I'm serious, this book is practially the prologue to the Disney movie: Peter Pan.

What I thought: It was sweet, funny, and interesting enough to keep me reading it. Great plot, great characters, great idea. Although it was a bit predictable, what can you expect? It IS a children's book after all.

I believe I read the next few books in the series and thinking that they all were equally awesome. But once the authors got to the 4th or 5th book, I think they were trying to stretch the plot as much as they could.

My only real problem with this series is that it's very predictable. You could tell what Peter was going to do, and what the star dust is. But, over all, I think it's a great book that everyone should have a chance to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peter and the Starcatchers.

Shannon (formerly The Holy Terror) I have the first three in hardcover - I bought them as they came out - but I haven't gotten to them yet. Peter Pan just might be my favorite fairy tale and so I buy every book that is even vaguely related to the story and watch every movie too. I will get to these someday ...

Great review! : )

Rosie Thanks! :)

Today, I was at a book sale and I ironically found this book and bought it for 50 cents! It was a little used and worn around the edges, but I'm glad I bought it.