T. Anderson's Reviews > Lady Evelyn's Highland Protector

Lady Evelyn's Highland Protector by Tara Kingston

U 50x66

This is a new author for me, and I didn't realize until I was caught up in the story that there was a previous book in the series. Now, of course, I'll have to buy it, because I really enjoyed this one!

After being left at the altar and then publicly humiliated by her former fiance, Evelyn is determined to live her live independently, with no intention of ever marrying. She's visiting Scotland because her best friend is getting married and wants her as one of her bridesmaids. Once the wedding is over, it's back to London for her. On an outing with the other bridesmaids, she becomes bored and wanders away after spotting a bookstore nearby. After entering the store, she's confused when she finds no one there. And then she hears it: a moan and a plea for help. When she finds an older gentleman on the floor, obviously injured, she flees to get help, but not before he mumbles about dragons eyes and presses a playing card into her hand.

Gerard MacMasters is a spy, tracking a ruthless killer. After Evelyn stumbles into him and pleads for help, they return to the bookstore, only to find it empty. He offers what he hopes is a reasonable explanation, but she is having none of it. She knows what she saw. And who was the mysterious woman she spotted leaving the store through the back door? Unbeknownst to her, she's now a witness to a dangerous game.

Against his wishes, Gerard is assigned to guard her, since everyone knows that the assassin he's been tracking does not leave loose ends. After getting an invite to the wedding, he follows her. When she sees him, she wonders why he is there. Is he after her for some reason?

Gerard is determined to stay as far away from Evelyn as he can while he tries to keep her safe. Having lost his wife to a bullet meant for him, he is determined to not let that happen again.

There's an undeniable attraction between the two of them and each tries to fight it. Of course, he needs to stick to her like glue to keep her safe. She tries to guard her heart but finds it increasingly difficult.

Convinced that the only danger to her is falling for Gerard, Evelyn has no idea how much danger she is really in. It's only a matter of time before the assassin closes in.

Very exciting book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Evelyn's Highland Protector.

Finished Reading