Pat's Reviews > So Say the Fallen

So Say the Fallen by Stuart Neville

liked it

3.5 stars.

Good story and good characters. You really get to know DCI Serena Flanagan as a real person and human being, policewoman, wife and mother, trying to keep all the balls in the air. It's exhausting work and Serena struggles to keep her family together.

She is called out to the apparent suicide of a severely disabled man and asked to sign off on it quickly. She can't put her finger on the reason but she has niggling doubts about his death. The widow, Roberta Garrick, seems altogether too perfect and to distraught to speak to the police properly. She is closely attended by the local priest, father Peter McKay who seems a bit shifty.

As her marriage gets rockier, Serena picks away at the priest, the widow and the widow's background until she makes a shocking discovery. A great story really, not twisty as such but great detail on the characters. I guess the trick is to include enough detail but not too much to slow the story down and I think Neville could tweak this balance just a little.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Say the Fallen.

Started Reading
October 31, 2017 – Finished Reading
November 5, 2017 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Great review Pat! Hope your next one is a five star.

message 2: by Pat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat Thanks Mary, but those five star reviews are few and far between!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* I know! It is so hard to find them. When I find a five star, they are ones that are my treasures and are so special to me.