Mieczyslaw Kasprzyk's Reviews > The Massacre of Mankind

The Massacre of Mankind by Stephen Baxter

bookshelves: 20th-century, alternative-history, apocalyptic, english, fiction, science-fiction

Excellent!
I'm a sucker for books that develop themes set up by authors; I loved "The Time Ships" which continued "The Time machine" and I've read almost all the continuations/developments of "War of The Worlds" such as "Global Dispatches" and "Scarlet Traces", so I was really looking forward to "The Massacre of Mankind". Well, it lived upto my expectations. The story is written in a very similar fashion to the original; a narrator (this time female) acting as our focal point, with the occasional side-step when we hear the experiences of others. It is quite gripping and doesn't introduce any elements that don't really belong, yet enough to surprise us and make us wonder (as with the original) as to what the outcome could possibly be. It has a feel of being a genuine Wellsian timeline and could so easily be a continuation of Wells' original.
It you like Wells, you'll enjoy this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Massacre of Mankind.

November 5, 2017 – Started Reading