Rômulo Oliveira's Reviews > The Manager's Path: A Guide for Tech Leaders Navigating Growth and Change

The Manager's Path by Camille Fournier

I recommend this book to anyone involved with software engineering management, from individual contributors - willing or not to a managing career move - to senior managers.

It gives a clear view and show countless real life situtations, from first level to CTO, with a perspective of who had experiencied all of it.

Whether or not you are looking for a management career, we as software engineers are going to live most (if not all) of the situtations described in each chapter, directly or indirectly.

From a practice perspective, this book can help you learn a lot, avoid mistakes, give you ideas to deal with several issues, handle better day-to-day situations, and the most important to me: see what happens at the other side.

I think that is one of the most important lessons for me in my current career position. Even if I would never work myself at any of those management roles, knowing what it is being in the other side will improve my relations and will help me be a better software engineer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Manager's Path.

November 4, 2017 – Shelved