Lily's Reviews > Animals Make Us Human: Creating the Best Life for Animals

Sep 30, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: ebooks
Read from September 30 to October 14, 2011

I thought this was a very well-written book, and Ms. Grandin has a lot of unique and interesting ideas to share. I felt the first few chapters of this book were absolutely amazing, but the last 2/3 of the book was kind of hard to keep reading. I skimmed a lot at that point. The main reason I did that is because those sections covered things I wasn't all that interested in, or things that were a bit too "technological" and such. This is no fault of the book, it just wasn't my thing.

That said, I personally did not agree with everything Ms. Grandin had to say, but I feel that what she had to say was valuable for consideration's sake if nothing else. It definitely makes you think, maybe even reevaluate your own standpoints on different matters, and that is something we should all do from time to time.

I would only recommend this book to professional or amateur animal handlers that are interested in animal behavior, not just lay terms but advanced science behind it as well. It would probably be a pretty boring, dry book for the average reader or pet owner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animals Make Us Human.

10/03/2011
5.0% "Absolutely fascinating so far."
show 4 hidden updates…