Darcy's Reviews > The Mating

The Mating by Nicky Charles

Sep 30, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, e-book, pnr, shifters

I picked up this freebie a long time ago, but never got around to reading it until one of my groups picked it for our BOM. Now I am kicking myself for not reading it earlier and look forward to reading the rest in this series.

I really like how Elise reacted to the news of her arranged mating. She could have pissed and moaned, ranted and raved, instead she went about to do what she could to make the most of it. It helped that Kane understood this and gave her some space. They both seemed to be very considerate of each other, which in a situation like this is just what is needed.

While their mating may not have been a love one, they quickly seemed to grow fond of each other all the while dealing with the problems in the pack. It was pretty easy to see where all these problems were coming from, so when the big bad was revealed I wasn't surprised. What did surprise me was the person helping. I didn't see that coming at all.

I really liked how the werewolves were set up in this book and the dynamic of the pack itself. Many of the pack members had me laughing with their antics.

I look forward to the next book in this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mating.