Lisa Hill's Reviews > Drowning Erin

Drowning Erin by Elizabeth O'Roark

37201093

This is an enemies-to-lovers story full of angst and feelings. Erin is a people pleaser, always helping others out, an enabler, if you will. She does what she thinks is best and puts everyone before herself. It's almost like she's punishing herself by behaving in this way.

She seems to have it all with Rob; a nice house, a good job, a fiance with everything going for him. But below the surface, it's not great. Her fiance works longer and longer hours, her father and brother have problems she hides from her fiancé and she feels like she's the only one holding it all together. And when her fiancés best friend arrives to stay, she hates it because she hates him.

Except she doesn't. And he can see beyond the façade she projects.

When everything falls apart for Erin, she has a choice to make. Will it be the right one for her, or the right one for everyone else? Sink or swim? Live or drown?

This is the first book I've read by this author, and it can be read as a standalone. I could feel the angst, the dilemma, oozing out of the pages. Poor Erin; I wanted to both hug her and shake her at the same time. The characters have a real depth to them, their layers gradually peeling back to reveal their story.

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. It's a well-written book that I would definitely recommend. Probably best read with wine and chocolate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drowning Erin.

November 2, 2017 – Started Reading