Michelle's Reviews > The Good Samaritan

The Good Samaritan by John Marrs

bookshelves: netgalley-arcs, favorites

HOT DAMN!!!

What a deliciously devious little novel this is. John Marrs has created a wicked villain in Laura. She is absolutely awful but you will love to hate her. I was completely gripped from beginning to end.

Laura works at the End of the Line call center where you're a friendly voice and comforting shoulder to potential suicide victims. Unbeknownst to all around her but this is where she gets her kicks by convincing people that they are not worthy of life and essentially assisting them in their suicide. She has one caller, David, in which she has become a little too attached. He doesn't want to die alone. He wants someone to do it with him and because Laura isn't going to do it she'll need to find someone else. Along comes Charlotte a pregnant woman with pre-natal depression and she fits the part perfectly for Laura and here she instigates a plan for the dual suicide and succeeds. What she doesn't count on is Charlotte's husband , Ryan. In his grief and desperation to figure out why his pregnant wife would kill herself with another man he begins to put the pieces of the puzzle together and it leads him right to Laura. I'm going to leave it at that because this is when the roller coaster ride begins and it was FUN!!!

My first John Marrs book but certainly not my last. I enjoyed this immensely. 5 Fantastic stars!

.Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a digital ARC in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Samaritan.

November 2, 2017 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
November 2, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
November 3, 2017 – Shelved
November 3, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
December 5, 2017 – Shelved as: netgalley-arcs (Kindle Edition)
December 7, 2017 – Started Reading
December 7, 2017 – Shelved as: netgalley-arcs
December 12, 2017 – Shelved as: favorites
December 12, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Tammy My favorite of his was "A thousand small explosions" I think it is now "The One"

message 2: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Tammy wrote: "My favorite of his was "A thousand small explosions" I think it is now "The One""

I've heard great things about The One. I've got it on my wish list.

Tammy Michelle wrote: "Tammy wrote: "My favorite of his was "A thousand small explosions" I think it is now "The One""

I've heard great things about The One. I've got it on my wish list."

That was my favorite of his. I am struggling a little getting into this one. I am always like that at the beginning until it grabs me. I am only 16% in though.

message 4: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Tammy wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Tammy wrote: "My favorite of his was "A thousand small explosions" I think it is now "The One""

I've heard great things about The One. I've got it on my wish list."
That was my fa..."

I really hope this one picks up for you soon. :) I thought it was crazy fun.

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane Wallace :D

message 6: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Diane wrote: ":D"

message 7: by Tom (new)

Tom Lewis Cute review!! =)

message 8: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Tom wrote: "Cute review!! =)"

Thanks, Tom! :)

message 9: by Holly (new) - added it

Holly  B Sounds good!!!

message 10: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Holly wrote: "Sounds good!!!"

It was a lot of fun to read, Holly! :)

message 11: by J.K. (new)

J.K. Grice Wonderful review, Michelle!

message 12: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle J.K. wrote: "Wonderful review, Michelle!"

Thank you, J.K.! :)