Sudarshan's Reviews > Muchchad Gadh and Other Stories

Muchchad Gadh and Other Stories by Sangita P. Menon Malhan

U 50x66

The first few copies of #Muchchad Gadh# and Other Stories are out. One of the copies is delivered to me in office, just when I have to pack up and leave for the day. More curious than excited, I flip through. I chance upon “The Perfect Suicide”. Two strangers out to commit suicide, their last shot at glory, bump into each other in the forest – their conversation and the eventual fate of their mission. Sheer magic.
I browse more. I land next on “The Pursuit”, another short story in the collection. Once again, an unconventional - almost bizarre – plot. A pacey narrative that completely hooks you. A climax that shocks and startles.
I have to extricate myself from the stories, and head home. But I cannot. This is a feast. I go to another story, and then another. I am yet to finish the book. But here I am with my first information report on #Muchchad Gadh# and Other Stories.
“Despicable man”, at the start of the collection, is probably the only one that comes close to your conventional short story: a lively, colourful narrative featuring multiple characters, with a nice twist in the tale.
This collection is not for the faint-hearted, short story fan who likes to curl up and transport to an interesting but harmless world of characters. Because each story here stimulates, startles, shocks and scares. The brilliant narrative apart, you crave for more because you want the discomfort to release.
My pick from what I have read so far: “Shocking Pink”. The author unshackled, liberated, entirely free of doubt and judgement, aware and authentic. The result is a breath-taking account that causes shock, distress, even revulsion, even as it transcends and elevates.
“The Cabinet Committee Meeting” or even “Muchchad Gadh” tickle and offer an interlude of relief. But this is a collection that shakes up more than soothes. Delightful stuff !
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Muchchad Gadh and Other Stories.

November 1, 2017 – Started Reading
November 3, 2017 – Shelved
December 2, 2017 –
page 230
100.0% "as you move forward in the collection, there are some moving and gripping stories. More themes and flavours unravel. "No Bad Hair Days" is a very unusual account of the author's battle with breast cancer. Inspiring, honest and brave 9the choice of the title itself suggests the positive and unique approach - think about it). A must read. This is a terrific collection of short stories full of variety and surprises."
December 2, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Valarie (new)

Valarie the stories in this book are surely very different from normal stories having a good, complete finish endings. I liked in particular " The Pursuit" which is one story from the book . the woman seems so strong and determined to be free so fearlessly for what she felt she needed to do for her own self.and for once not be under the spell of a man or emotions. these are amazing discovery of thoughts in this book.
must buy and read.