Kristen's Reviews > Dark Citadel

Dark Citadel by Cherise Sinclair

Sep 30, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: explicit-content, 3-star, endearing-heroine, tortured-hero, very-steamy
Read in October, 2011

3 1/2 stars

Dark Citadel is the second book in Cherise Sinclair's, Masters of the Shadowland series. I liked this book more than the first but not as much as I'd hoped.

I did love the chemistry, respect, and understanding that developed between Master Dan and Kari. My heart melted with how tender Master Dan could be in reassuring and nurturing Kari's submissive side. I wanted to smack him, though, when his guilt and anger over his wife's death flared up, turning him cold and unfeeling.

What I didn't care for-that seems common in this series-is the public sharing and humiliation. Those aspect of the books don't sit well with me.

Also, this series lacks the strong romantic element that is prevalent in Ms. Sinclair's book The Dom's Dungeon and in her Mountain Masters series. For me personally, I prefer my erotica to have more romance than is in this series.

Over all, I like this book. I didn't love it and I probably won't read it again, but I like it enough to recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Citadel.

message 1: by Baba (new)

Baba  Good review, Kristen!
You refer to "romance". I think you'll love Ice Queen and Mirror of My Soul by Joey W. Hill. You should also read Natural Law. You'll find romance there. But of course there are also a few scenes that made me cringe and they didn't really sit well with me either. But that's why we're vanilla girls (sorry, women). LOL

Kristen Thanks Baba! I can't wait to read those books. I bought the first three books in this series so I have one more to go and then I'll start those books you've rec'd. If I'm not burned out by then. I'm close to OD'ing on BDSM. Lol. So true about being vanilla girls;)