Mandy's Reviews > Dear John, I Love Jane: Women Write About Leaving Men for Women

Dear John, I Love Jane by Candace Walsh

F 50x66
Sep 30, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011

I was very excited to find this book at my library as I was doing one of my routine sweeps of the "homosexual shelf." I'd spent hours there looking for just one book that would speak to what I was going through. I'd read several books about lesbian coming out stories, trying to find myself in them, but repeatedly read stories of young girls knowing they were different from early on. That wasn't my experience and I was starting to think I was crazy or completely unique in my situation. And then I found this, and it was like the essays were compiled just for me. Every single one of them had bits that I could have written. Realizing you need to be with a woman after nine years of marriage is hard. Realizing you're not the only one to have ever experienced it makes it a little bit easier.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear John, I Love Jane.

Erin White Did you cry a little at almost every story? Like you, I thought I was the only one in this situation, and finding this book felt like finding civilization after being lost in the desert.