Sasha's Reviews > Girl of Nightmares

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

Last time we left Cas and Anna, Anna was trapped in Hell and Cas was sad that she sacrificed herself to save him. But now he’s having these weird dreams where Anna is calling to him asking him to save her. But will he? Is it even possible?

If there are any doubts about whether or not this is a great sequel, let them be put to rest now because I’m here to say that it *is* a worthy sequel. There’s more action in this book and more is on the line for Cas and Anna. I devoured this book in probably a day and a half. Kendare’s writing style is still awesome, Cas is still the boyish boy he was in Anna Dressed in Blood, and yet this felt so fresh! It was like visiting characters and knowing they’re the same but not getting bored with them.

I really liked that there was a little bit more history behind his knife and that we got to see the strange background of the cult-like group from Great Britain. We met some new frenemies and things are always interesting when you don’t know who to trust. Overall, a great sequel and read. The loose ends are wrapped up and so I don’t foresee a third book, but you never know!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl of Nightmares.

September 30, 2011 – Shelved
September 30, 2011 – Shelved as: tor
May 6, 2012 – Shelved as: paranormal-supernatural
May 6, 2012 – Shelved as: young-adult
June 25, 2012 – Started Reading
June 26, 2012 –
page 10
3.01% ""Dead girl whack a mole" I'm dying already (pun intended!)"
June 26, 2012 –
page 62
18.67% "I've really missed Cas and company!"
page 122
page 158
47.59% "This is soooo good."
page 193
58.13% "love this book."
June 27, 2012 – Shelved as: horror-thriller
June 28, 2012 – Shelved as: read-in-2012-favorites
June 28, 2012 – Finished Reading
April 4, 2013 – Shelved as: read-in-2012
June 17, 2013 – Shelved as: 2012-publication
July 9, 2013 – Shelved as: just-as-good-as-the-first

Addie R. I asked Kendare if there was gonna be a third book and she said as of now, no.
I loved this series but I am relieved cus (view spoiler)

The Reading Owl I'm DYING to read this book

Sasha Addie, I agree!

Rose, can't wait for you to read it so we can compare notes!