Rebecca Tellez's Reviews > Waiting for His Return

Waiting for His Return by Carrie Turansky

F 50x66

Pour yourself a cup of tea, or coffee, and curl up in your favorite chair for a delightful visit to Springside Plantation, the home of Dr. Thornton and his daughters Rachel and Susan. The setting is 1864 as the Civil War inches closer to Nashville.

During one stormy night, Rachel and Susan are startled by a shot exploding outside their home. Left along while their father is in town attending to the wounded, the sisters are wondering if a bushwhacker or a member of the Confederacy had attacked their father on his way home. Bravely confronting what awaits her beyond the front door, Rachel goes to the door with a revolver in her hand when she hears the voice of her servant, Amos asking her to open the door. This begins the adventure of the sisters and their wounded guest. Will a romance develop between one of the sisters and Adam? Who is Adam and what part does he play in the War? Will a male guest at a holiday event upset the budding romance?

This is a sweet romantic novella with intrigue mixed in. Carrie Turansky has done a terrific job of developing the characters, leaving you desiring more of their story. She weaves faith and hope and trust throughout the story in a gentle way. I thoroughly enjoyed this story and hope she will develop these characters further in an upcoming book.

"Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including Netgalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Waiting for His Return.

November 1, 2017 – Started Reading