Musing Bookworm's Reviews > Dragon Actually

Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken

Sep 29, 2011

bookshelves: mythology, shifters, writers-i-love, historical, dragons

Love love LOVED this story. Sassy Heroine, sardonic Hero and stellar support characters. Tender moments and lots of giggles. Starting next book on series immediately!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Actually.

Quotes Musing Liked

“Really, Fearghus. You need to stop asking me to let you kill our family.”
G.A. Aiken, Dragon Actually

“And then what are your plans?”
Annwyl frowned. “My plans?”
“Yes. Your plans. You take your brother’s head, your troops are waiting. What is the next thing that you do?”
Annwyl just stared at him. He realized in that instant that the girl had no plans. None. No grand schemes of controlling the world. No plots to destroy any other empires. Not even the plan to have a celebratory dinner.
“Annwyl, you’ll be queen. You’ll have to do something.”
“But I don’t want to be queen.” Her body shook with panic, and he could hear it in her voice.
“You take his head, you’ll have little choice.”
“What the hell am I supposed to do as queen?”
“Well . .you could try ruling.”
“That sounds awfully complicated.”
G.A. Aiken, Dragon Actually

“Now. Now, Annwyl. No need to curtsy. A simple nod of your head and absolute worship will be more than enough.”
G.A. Aiken, Dragon Actually

“And Annwyl. Remember what I told you." "Protect my right side?" "No." "Feint with my left?" "No." "Nice ass?" "No!" His growl of annoyance only elicited a sweet chuckle from his woman. "Watch my rage, heart of my heart?" "Condescending cow.”
G.A. Aiken, Dragon Actually

“Well? What do you think?
I think you’re the most amazing female I’ve ever met. And I would like to fuck you all night long. Bend over. What do I think about what?
She sighed. Typical male.”

September 29, 2011 – Shelved