Lit Coven's Reviews > Labyrinth Lost

Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Córdova

bookshelves: 2018-read, diverse-reads, series, main-reads

These are not your garden variety witches. And we aren’t mad about it. Don’t get us wrong, we’ll take the black hat wearing, broom riding, wand waving style witch any day.

But these brujas...they wield a whole different type of fuego. And we’re totally on board.

Our witches got all kinds of fun vibes from Labyrinth, from Alice In Wonderland to Dante’s Inferno to Santeria. The diverse cultures, beliefs, and mythologies spun together make this series stand out!

Although this book is full of a whole society of brujos living in NYC, we mostly hang out with three of them.

Alex, a young bruja who doesn’t want her powers—something we couldn’t quite understand. But as she’s forced to grow into her abilities, Alex might find an inner strength and connection with her family that she doesn’t expect.

Nova, the bad boy with that secret heart of gold. Or is his heart actually black? This dude has some secrets, and right and wrong might be a little hazy at times.

Rishi, the uber sassy best friend. Everybody needs a Rishi, the friend who follows the beat of a different drum, the one who always has a comeback and will make you laugh when you need it most.

Also...there’s a lovely bit of romance with a twist that we won’t give away. Honestly, something we were very happy about!

---

Bruja Born Warning: It’ll knock your little witchy socks off. Don’t walk toward this series. Run!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Labyrinth Lost.

November 1, 2017 – Shelved