Light's Reviews > Follow Him Home

Follow Him Home by P.W. Davies

3.5 / 5 Stars

I wanted to love this book so much... after all, assassin-falls-in-love trope is one of my favorite.

I liked the idea of this book and what the characters seem to be. The sexy times were really sexy and it added to the development of the characters' feelings, especially turning the insta-lust into insta-love really fast. However, I don't think the characters felt connected to the reality they lived in. Peter, for example, is as fresh as a lechuge when Christian informs him he's a hitman (eh?)... because it's a very normal thing that your soon-to-be boyfriend kills for a living (!!!). Victor adds a lot to the steamy scenes but besides that, I don't really know what he was useful for in the plot, which was more simple that I thought it would be.

The repetition of "the other man" annoyed me, not to mention it was also confusing. If we are talking about Peter right now, there's no need to call him "the other man" in the next sentence unless you're referring to the other 2 main characters (Victor and/or Christian).

Overall, I liked it and I look forward to the next book because I'm curious if it will be Robin's story or not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Follow Him Home.

Finished Reading