Carole Gourlay 's Reviews > Murder of the Bride

Murder of the Bride by Faith Martin

20283407

Another cracking tale by one of my fast becoming favourite authors.

Hillary Greene reminds me of a cross between Vera Stanhope and Miss Marple, her character develops more and more with each book I read. She is an extremely likeable character, with a razor sharp brain, but equally she is humorous too.

She is the victim of a husband who was a crooked policeman, and is forced to live on her uncles barge, which, as the weather gets worse, is not much fun, but the lovely nature and flora and fauna which surrounds her leads me to think she quite enjoys it really.

This story is about a girl who is dressed in a bridal outfit and gets murdered in a barn at a farm in the back of beyond at a party. The hosts are quite the local wealthy entrepreneurs but all is not what it seems, and with Hillary and her team, including the despicable Frank (you’ve always got one)! and the new dodgy police boss things soon become apparent that nothing is straightforward. People are hiding information.

The plot is very well written and the motive for the murder I would never have thought of. Most unusual.

Very many thanks to Faith for such an entertaining book and to Joffe Publishers for sending me an advanced copy. 5*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder of the Bride.

October 27, 2017 – Started Reading