Diane Challenor's Reviews > The Book of Forgotten Authors

The Book of Forgotten Authors by Christopher Fowler

bookshelves: books-about-books, our-print-library

The Book of Forgotten Authors is a book about books, and Books About Books is one of my favourite genres. I have the hardback edition, and when I’ve finished reading it, it will take up one book space on my bookshelf. My bookshelf space is precious, and limited; reserved for “special” books only. Twelve spaces on my shelves are taken by Books About Books, and they sit there because I’ll dive into their pages occasionally, over the years, to reacquaint myself with their gems.

There is one thing that is very problematic about this book, that is, when it comes to Books about Books, it’s the fact that they encourage you to add more books to one’s To Be Read List. My To Be Read List is enormous, and it would take several life-times to actually read the books listed. But, hey, that’s part of the fun.

Sometimes I think I enjoy reading book descriptions and bio’s about authors, as much as I enjoy reading the books, and that is why, for me, this book is a great read. It’s intriguing and it leads me down fascinating pathways.

Listed below are some of the books I’ve added to my To Be Read List as a direct result of reading Christopher Fowler’s book:

When Last I Died (Mrs. Bradley, #13) by Gladys Mitchell
The Perfect Murder (Inspector Ghote, #1) by H.R.F. Keating
The Perfect Murder
The Statement by Brian Moore
The Statement

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Forgotten Authors.

October 30, 2017 – Started Reading
December 2, 2017 –
page 268
December 10, 2017 –
page 293
83.24% "A wonderful Book journey; I’ll be sad when I get to the last page."
December 16, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn This book is having the same effect on me. It's adding to a TBR which needs no further encouragement!