Danielle's Reviews > The Wizard Killer - Season One

The Wizard Killer - Season One by Adam Dreece

liked it

I picked this one up at the Edmonton Comic & Entertainment Expo, I always like to support local and upcoming authors if I can and this one sounded right up my alley. I really enjoyed the premise and fast-paced story. It certainly had me flipping pages quickly to see what was going to happen next. The main character was interesting, despite not really knowing a lot about him - I assume we'll learn more in future books. I got a good sense of the world, despite it really being very vague on the details, which is a good thing.
A few things that bothered me: one was the over use of made up swear words. This might be a personal thing, but I always find made up swear words pull me out of the story and in this particular book it was used A LOT. Over used in my opinion and it kind of threw me every time I came across it. Also, although I know this is meant for a younger audience and was meant more as a 'serial' type story, I could have used a bit more descriptions. Again this might be a personal gripe, as I am used to 500 - 1000+ page fantasy tombs that sometimes go overboard in the description department. This didn't require that level by any means, but sometimes could have used a bit more. Lastly there were a few spots I felt lost in the story. Where is suddenly changed and I thought I'd missed something. The transition between scenes in a few places weren't very smooth.
Overall however, I enjoyed it and thought it was a decent read and am still interested to see where the story goes from here. I'd definitely be up for reading future volumes of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wizard Killer - Season One.

October 30, 2017 – Shelved