Bingeworthy Book Blog's Reviews > Right Where We Belong

Right Where We Belong by Brenda Novak

bookshelves: reviewed

Reading books that make me think, that open up my mind or eyes to issues or experiences that I may not have otherwise thought of is something that I enjoy tremendously.
Right Where We Belong by Brenda Novak, the first book that I have read by this author, was exactly that kind of book.
For those who have not read the book before, Right Where We Belong is a romance book but it may not be like any you've read before.
Savanna, the heroine of the story, has had her life completely turned upside down.
The man that she was married to, that she has two children with and has been with since she was 18 years old, has been charged with reprehensible crimes and is being held in prison.
To escape the negativity and hostility of the people in the small town that she lives in, Savanna takes her two children and heads to Silver Springs where she intends to fix up and live in the house that her parents had bought shortly before their deaths and it is there that she meets Gavin, the hero of the story.
Although the sex scenes aren't as explicit or hot as the love scenes that I'm used to reading in traditionally published romance or romantic suspense books, the novel is still sweet and romantic with plenty of angst and ups and downs.
What I enjoyed most about this book was that it make me think.
When violent crimes occur throughout the world, in most cases, a media spotlight is shone so brightly on the perpetrator(s) that anyone else involved, including the victims, fall into obscurity and it had honestly never occurred to me before to wonder was this or that perpetrator married or involved and if so, what must that person be going through?
How were they coping with the knowledge that they had been/were involved with someone who had committed a heinous crime?
I recommend reading this book to anyone who is looking to read a book that encourages you to look beneath the surface of a person, to look beyond their face or appearance, to see beyond rumor and innuendo and most importantly, to not automatically condemn but to be compassionate and reserve judgement.
Thank you to Netgalley and HQ Digital for allowing me to read an arc of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review

Bingeworthy Book Blog
On Facebook
On Twitter
On Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Right Where We Belong.

Started Reading