Love 's Reviews > Haven

Haven by Mary Lindsey

Read 2 times. Last read October 29, 2017 to October 30, 2017.

Haven is the story about teenage shapeshifters in Texas USA. Automatically the comparison will be to books such as Twilight. The ingredients of the book are similar in many ways, shapeshifters, teen romance and adults in power etc but for me, Mary Lindsey created a world that drew me in. The core of the story is about self-worth and finding your place in the world.

Rain is a wonderful character and he will be relatable to many people, not just teenage boys. We have all at some point been an outsider, someone who finds it hard to fit in and be accepted just for being themselves. I know I have and still do. So it was enjoyable to go on the journey with Rain as he finds himself and people that love him just for being himself.

My favourite character hands down was Petra, she is the kick-ass little heroine. I adore her and if there is a sequel I do hope she features more.

The story is fast-paced with great writing and the characters are engaging, likeable and I really cared what happened and that for me was the turning point. I really hope there will be a whole series of Haven. I would love to spend some more time with the pack!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haven.

October 29, 2017 – Started Reading